- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup chopped carrots
- 1 small yukon gold potato, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chopped broccoli florets and stems, separated, about 1 lb. - set aside 1 cup florets for garnish
- 4 cups vegetable broth, divided
- ½ cup raw casihews
- 1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- sea salt, more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
in a pot over medium heat sauté the onions until golden brown, then add then celery, carrots, potatoes, garlic and broccoli stems. Add salt and pepper. preheat oven to 350 and roast the 1 cup of broccoli florets meant for garnish.
In a blender combin the 2 cups of veggie broth, ACV, the cashews, 1/4 tsp of salt and the sautéed veggies. Add the rest of the broccoli florets and pulse. then pour the mixture back into the pot and add the other 2 cups of veggie broth and simmer for 15 minutes. stir in the roasted broccoli and then serve!